Friday, August 15, 2008

A Conversation with Rylee

When I was posting the previous post Rylee was supposed to be taking a nap or at least reading books having quiet time but she wanted to be by me looking at the pictures. She kept climbing all over me, pushing buttons on the computer, trying to spin my computer chair, touching the monitor, etc. I was getting very frustrated and upset with her. Finally she looked at me and said "I want to return you to the store!"
M: You want to return me?
R: YES!
M: Why?
R: Because I want a different mommy!
M: Why do you want a different mommy?
R: Because she would play with me.

At that point she burst into tears, I think she was slightly afraid that I might really go away. But I felt really guilty after that so we read some books together. I had to laugh to myself though, she's already picking up my habit of returning things.

4 comments:

Patsy Mecham said...

Thanks so much for sharing this story. Kids say the darndest things. Their little brains are working so quick. They are like little sponges taking everything in. Keeping them challenged and growing is a challenge. Oh but so worth it. Rylee should never want another mommie because you the best!!!

Patsy Mecham said...

Thanks so much for sharing this story. Kids say the darndest things. Their little brains are working so quick. They are like little sponges taking everything in. Keeping them challenged and growing is a challenge. Oh but so worth it. Rylee should never want another mommie because you are the best!!!

Stacy Clayburn said...

How funny! Don't even feel bad. Lately when Anna gets upset she often says, "I don't want to be your little girl anymore" or "You can't be my Mommy anymore." Where do they learn this stuff? Anyway thanks for sharing your funny Riley moment. You are so paitent and good with her, I have often wanted to be a mom more like you.

Aimee Cardon said...

Someday she will realize how truly amazing you are. Some day I will have children and she will see how bad it could be!